Geelong Arts Centre is one of eleven Victorian State Government owned creative organisations under the umbrella of Creative Victoria. Since opening in 1981, Geelong Arts Centre has made significant artistic and cultural contributions to Geelong and the surrounding regions.
Geelong Arts Centre is currently undergoing a period of exciting and dynamic change. To meet the cultural needs of a growing population and help secure Geelong’s position as a global city, the Victorian State Government, through Creative Victoria, has committed funding for three stages of capital development. Stage One - the refurbishment of The Playhouse Theatre was completed in 2010. Stage Two - the Ryrie Street Redevelopment ($38.5m) was completed November 2019 and opened to the public on 7th November 2019. Stage Three - The Little Malop Street Redevelopment ($140m) commenced in 2019 and is planned for completion in 2023. This investment will result in a world-class arts facility becoming the cultural heart of Geelong and the G21 region.
Led by a dynamic CEO and Leadership Team, your contribution and expertise will be highly valued. We offer a great working environment in the creative heart of Geelong, working alongside passionate people who are committed to community and the Arts.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to join the Geelong Arts Centre team in the role of The ICT Service Desk Officer.
The ICT Service Desk Officer plays an important role as the first point of contact for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) services for the Geelong Arts Centre and supporting the day-to-day support. This position works closely with the ICT Service Desk Lead and our current managed service provider (MSP) to provide Level 1 support to all users, as well as hands-on and remote support of the Centre’s Technology and Digital systems including hardware and software, whilst assisting with maintaining the overall ICT environment for the Centre. Working with the ICT Service Desk Lead will contribute to continuous improvement of organisation-wide ICT Service Desk operations and including practices through onboarding, upskilling and learning and communications.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with Centre staff, providing service desk and assistance across level 1 ICT support.
- Be an active part of the Corporate Services team, including attending all team meetings and training as required.
- Ensure the ICT service desk service level agreements (SLA’s) are maintained and met for all level 1 ICT service desk incidents and requests.
- Provide high-value level 1 ICT service desk support including maintaining a positive, calm and professional attitude.
- Assist the ICT Service Desk Lead and MSP to identify, develop, update and populate documented procedures as required to ensure continued improvement across ICT Service Desk and ICT knowledge base.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of hardware and software as required.
- Assist with onboarding accounts, security, passwords, hardware and software.
- Assist in the support of core business applications as required.
- Assist the ICT Service Desk Team Lead to maintain, deliver and continually improve organisation-wide ICT Service Desk operations and practices, including:
- Clearly articulated and tested user how to guides and other support documentation across ICT support areas.
- Assist with asset audits, tagging and asset maintenance in accordance with the Centre’s Asset Management policies and processes.
- Continuously improve ICT knowledge and skills through self development.
- Perform duties as directed by the ICT Service Desk Lead.
- Undertake other duties or assist with projects as reasonably requested.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Certification(s) in Information Technology or related discipline
- A good understanding of ICT services in a corporate environment
- Experience in the Administration of a Microsoft environment, including Microsoft 365, Active Directory and Azure AD
- Basic understanding of ITIL fundamentals and ICT Systems and Networks
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Police Check results that are suitable for this position (this will be arranged by the Centre)
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience working within a hybrid ICT support model that includes escalating to an MSP for level 2 and 3 as required
- Experience working with technologies in use at the Centre including predominately Windows based environment (some Apple Mac), Mobile and Tablet (Android and iOS), Microsoft Office 365 Administration and Support, Microsoft 365 Solutions; Intune, Exchange, Microsoft Server 2016 and 2019, Azure Solutions, Active Directory, IPTEL/VoIP Support, Zoom and Teams, Videoconferencing Crestron and Logitech, Physical server and HyperV virtualisation, Cisco Meraki Network; Firewall, Switching and Wireless.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude, calmness, patience and professionalism when dealing with difficult customers.
- Excellent customer service ethic, with the ability to offer technical help using plain, easy-to-understand language.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills; able to actively listen and critically propose solutions.
- An active, continual learner; keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and ICT Services across the Centre.
- Strong relationship-building skills; able to connect with users’ and ensure all their needs are met (or exceeded).
- A component of evening and weekend work may be required as part of the normal hours of duty for this position.
- This role is based onsite in Geelong. Flexible working hours and working from home options are limited for this role.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
The following capabilities are essential to success in this position:
- Service Culture
- Written Communication
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Collaboration/ Teamwork
- Customer Service
For further detail about the role and its requirements, please download the position description available below.
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this opportunity please click the Apply Now button and provide a cover letter including your ability to meet the key requirements outlined in the position description, and a current CV.
Applications close at Midnight, 12 February 2023
Please direct any queries to: email@example.com
Geelong Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and values the contribution that diversity brings to the workplace.
Geelong Arts Centre is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of all children that interact with our organisation. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
Geelong Arts Centre encourages and welcomes applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders People.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.