Geelong Arts Centre is one of eleven Victorian State Government owned creative organisations under the umbrella of Creative Victoria. Since opening in 1981, Geelong Arts Centre has made significant artistic and cultural contributions to Geelong and the surrounding regions.
Geelong Arts Centre is currently undergoing a period of exciting and dynamic change. To meet the cultural needs of a growing population and help secure Geelong’s position as a global city, the Victorian State Government, through Creative Victoria, has committed funding for three stages of capital development. Stage One - the refurbishment of The Playhouse Theatre was completed in 2010. Stage Two - the Ryrie Street Redevelopment ($38.5m) was completed November 2019 and opened to the public on 7th November 2019. Stage Three - The Little Malop Street Redevelopment ($140m) commenced in 2019 and is planned for completion in 2023. This investment will result in a world-class arts facility becoming the cultural heart of Geelong and the G21 region.
Led by a dynamic CEO and Leadership Team, your contribution and expertise will be highly valued. We offer a great working environment in the creative heart of Geelong, working alongside passionate people who are committed to community and the Arts.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to join the Geelong Arts Centre as an Administration Support Officer.
Reporting directly to Change Management Lead and being an integral part of the People and Culture Team, the Administration Support Officer is responsible for providing high quality, team-based administrative service in a timely, accurate and effective manner. The role is part of the People and Culture Team and will support change management activities and projects in preparation for the re-opening of the little Malop Street arts facility.
- Professional qualification in Office Administration, Business, Business Administration, or related field, and/or equivalent experience
- Experience working across multiple workstreams to align and drive towards a common goal.
- A current Working with Children Check
- Police Check results that are suitable for this position (this will be arranged by the Centre)
- Experience in providing administrative support to large building projects and in helping to make ready new facilities and workspaces for resumption of business operations.
- Experience in the design, delivery, implementation and evaluation of training and capability development programs and initiatives for individuals and teams.
- An understanding of volume recruitment practices and inductions.
- Project management experience
For further detail about the role and its requirements, please download the position description available below.
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this opportunity please click the Apply Now button and provide a cover letter including your ability to meet the key requirements outlined in the position description, and a current CV.
Applications close Midnight Monday 10 October
Please direct any queries to: email@example.com attention Liza Cumming, Manager People and Culture.
Applicants will be required to undergo police and identity screening. First-round interviews will be conducted either face-to-face or online.
Geelong Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and values the contribution that diversity brings to the workplace.
Geelong Arts Centre is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of all children that interact with our organisation. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
Geelong Arts Centre encourages and welcomes applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders People.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.