The only State Government owned cultural institution located outside of Melbourne, Geelong Arts Centre is a leader, connector, and creator of extraordinary cultural experiences for local and global communities.
Geelong Arts Centre is the heart of the G21 creative precinct – a place that boldly offers insights through performance, space for public conversation, supports creative experimentation and content development, and is a venue to connect, meet as a community and share a passion for the arts and creativity.
Driven by inspiring growth in activity, innovation and creatives, Geelong Arts Centre aims to amplify creative growth in a proud region already renowned for its artistic energy.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to join the Geelong Arts Centre team in the casual role of a Experience Duty Manager.
The Experience Duty Manager will lead our frontline staff who deliver a service quality that exceeds the expectations of our customers and visitors in every transaction they have with us. As our Experience Duty Manager, you will have a thorough understanding of emergency management, event delivery and all programs and services that run throughout our venues including the management processes for our Front of House staff.
Reporting to the Manager of Commercial and Hospitality, the team facilitates experiences across all events including ushering, tours, food & beverage service, emergency procedures, merchandise, ticketing enquiries and cleaning. The position will act as a team leader point of contact for all the Experience Officers and visitors to the centre and in ‘event-mode’ will be the manager in charge.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with the experience teams that fosters a sense of togetherness and belonging, leading to best-quality customer service.
- This role will serve as ‘Manager on Duty’ in event mode and be the most senior team member during events. When on duty, this role will ensure that safety and service delivery standards are maintained.
- Display diligence, confidence and compliance in managing emergency situations to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff are always priority.
- Participate and develop training experiences for the visitor experience team to refine skills and develop capabilities for employee progression.
- Assist the Manager, Commercial & Hospitality to develop event plans and supervise events as required.
- Conduct event briefings with all event staff ensuring that thorough completion of event orders are delivered.
- Lead by example in living the Centre’s values-in-action and modelling best practise to develop and motivate team members using a coaching and mentoring approach to manage performance.
- Undertake other duties or projects as reasonably requested.
- Ensure clients receive a superior level of hospitality and event planning requirements with timely delivery of responses, cost estimates and event outcomes.
- Ensure that all event requirements are communicated and recognised to achieve high levels of client and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events. Work to agreed time frames to achieve a high level of client and customer satisfaction.
- Develop structured induction and training program for Front of House staff to conduct guided tours of the Geelong Arts Centre
- Assist with the development of a plan for foyer and public space activations with community groups in collaboration with programming and marketing teams.
- Undertake other duties or projects as reasonably requested.
The ideal candidate will have:
Essential qualifications and experience
To be successful in this position, you will have experience in a similar role which will include but is not limited to:
- An experienced leader in events, customer experience, hospitality or other relevant discipline delivering an excellent visitor experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff, management and other stakeholders which build a network of influence and enables the effective negotiation of outcomes across all levels of the Centre.
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously and set the standard of customer service and safety during event delivery.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop the skills and capabilities of customer service teams to further enhance the quality of event or function delivery.
- Availability to work flexible hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualification in events, business management, customer service or relevant discipline will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in management of events delivery.
- Experience in a hospitality environment
- Experience planning and organizing service delivery.
- This role is rostered according to activity levels and requires flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekends and public holidays.
- The following checks, licences and certificates are required for this role:
- Current and valid Working with Children’s Check (employee)
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate
- First Aid Level 2 (training provided by Geelong Arts Centre)
- Food Safety Training certificate (training provided by Geelong Arts Centre)
The employee must provide documentary evidence that they hold current certifications prior to commencing employment with Geelong Arts Centre. The employee must maintain currency of these checks, licences and certificates for the duration of their employment with Geelong Arts Centre.
The following capabilities are essential to success in this position:
A people first attitude; considers others’ perspectives in making decisions and providing consistent quality advice and service; offers solutions and strategies that best serve the stakeholder’s needs.
Communicating with influence
Engages and energises others through confident and persuasive communication; tailors communication style and message according to audience needs.
Proactively improves the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of materials, processes and systems; fosters and encourages an environment in which creativity, innovation and diversity of thought are valued and rewarded.
Proactively supports working together, shares ideas and provides constructive feedback; respects and values others; encourages camaraderie, cohesiveness and connectedness.
Leads with values-in-action, integrity and emotional intelligence to support, develop, motivate, and guide the team to achieve successful outcomes, feel valued and wanting to do their best.
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this opportunity please click the Apply button below and provide a cover letter including your ability to meet the key requirements outlined in the position description, and a current CV.
Please direct any queries to: email@example.com.
Applicants will be required to undergo police and identity screening.
Applications close Midnight, Wednesday 27 September
Geelong Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and values the contribution that diversity brings to the workplace.
Geelong Arts Centre is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of all children that interact with our organisation. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
Geelong Arts Centre encourages and welcomes applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders People.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.