Senior Technician – Lighting
FULL TIME | 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
The only State Government owned cultural institution located outside of Melbourne, Geelong Arts Centre is a leader, connector, and creator of extraordinary cultural experiences for local and global communities.
Geelong Arts Centre is the heart of the G21 creative precinct – a place that boldly offers insights through performance, space for public conversation, supports creative experimentation and content development, and is a venue to connect, meet as a community and share a passion for the arts and creativity.
Driven by inspiring growth in activity, innovation and creatives, Geelong Arts Centre aims to amplify creative growth in a proud region already renowned for its artistic energy.
About the role
The Senior Technician - Lighting is part of a team charged with delivering technical production services to the highest of standards within all Geelong Arts Centre venues and performance spaces.
This position is customer focused and supports presenters to achieve excellence by drawing on a high level of skills and experience as a technical operator, together with a comprehensive understanding of Lighting equipment and systems.
The Senior Technician - Lighting provides specialist advice and assistance in planning and executing production and technical requirements, including tasks to ensure Lighting assets are properly stored, maintained and that equipment is operational with documentation maintained.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience in preparing, documenting, and operating Lighting systems in a large-scale theatre or similar venue
- A comprehensive understanding of lighting equipment used in the industry including familiarity with all aspects of lighting system networking (ARTNET, sACN, DMX), Patching, and Programming
- Knowledge and understanding of the theory involved in lighting concepts and how to achieve and create specific lighting and visual artistic effects
- Experience in applying this knowledge for different situations including stand-alone systems
- Understand the concepts of signal flow and their application so as to link and connect Lighting equipment correctly
- Ability to resolve issues and convey technical information to people with a non-technical background
- Knowledge of theatrical lighting design and the ability to program efficiently
- Understanding of health and safety requirements in a Theatre/performing arts environment
- Experience operating GrandMA 3 and ETC Eos consoles
Geelong Arts Centre Enterprise Agreement
Please Note - This role is offered as a 12-Month fixed-term, full time appointment. Pending government funding it is intended that, if successful in their appointment, the appointed candidate will have their contract renewed for a further 12 month period. Following this renewal the opportunity to have the position become permanent, ongoing will be made available to the successful employee.
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this opportunity please click the Apply button and provide a cover letter including your ability to meet the key requirements outlined in the position description, and a current CV. Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Senior Technician - Lighting
Applications close midnight, Monday 12 June 2023
Geelong Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and values the contribution that diversity brings to the workplace.
Geelong Arts Centre is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of all children that interact with our organisation. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
Geelong Arts Centre encourages and welcomes applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders People.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.