We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff as they return to our reopened Ryrie Street building
- Our Box Office will be open Monday to Friday 10-3pm at 81 Ryrie Street Geelong
- Or Creative Engine Co-working floor will be open for members in line with health advice and capacity limits. (regional Victorian members only)
- Events in Costa Hall will not go ahead for the time being, events in Studio 4 can proceed but with capacity limits
- Due to these limits certain performances may not proceed. We are currently working through our schedule scoping opportunity to reschedule affected performances, please bear with us while we work through the logistics. - If you have tickets to an affected performance we will be in touch with you via email
- Dance schools and studio hirers can book our Ryrie street studios in line with density limits
We have implemented a range of health, hygiene and physical distancing measures, in line with government guidelines. These measures include:
- The wearing of face masks is mandatory across all Geelong Arts Centre venues
- Hand sanitiser is available at hygiene stations in foyers and outside lifts and stairs
- Capacity signage throughout venue and studios to promote physical distancing
- Increased cleaning of all facilities.
- Disinfection of seating and touchpoints before each performance
- Increased cleaning of foyer spaces and handrails
- Increased cleaning of bathrooms
- Sneeze guards at point of sale
- Foyer seating arranged to ensure 1.5m distancing
- Decreased capacities in theatres and foyers.
- Staggered audience entry and exit in venues
- Physical distancing markers at queuing areas such as Food and Beverage outlets and Box Office
- Staff monitoring traffic flow and distancing
Venue Hire - All visitors are required to book their space within the building, which will help us manage new capacities and aide us in contact tracing. We have staff on hand to help facilitate these bookings, who will provide you with COVID Safe Use Guides. If you have an enquiry, please email our Presenter Services team.
We also encourage all visitors to use the Australian Government’s COVID Safe app.