Set out on the road trip of a lifetime with a runaway teenager, two hippies, a wily Uncle and a German priest. By the time you shake the red dust from your feet, you’ll know what it means to come home.
Jimmy Chi’s coming-of-age musical comedy Bran Nue Dae is an exuberant ride through 1960s Western Australia. Young Willie embarks on a journey of discovery, hitchhiking his way from mission school back to Broome, determined to win the heart of the girl he left behind. The first ever Aboriginal musical celebrates family, forgiveness and reconciliation with a feel-good mash-up of rock-and-roll, gospel, country and blues music. It returns to the stage 30 years after its sparkling 1990 debut.
Warning - Please note this production contains strong language, adult themes and sexual references.
- Music Director & Indigenous Advisor Michael Mavromatis
- Assistant Musical Directors Stephen Pigram, Patrick Bin Amat
- Director Andrew Ross
- Associate Director Naomi Pigram
- Set & Costume Designer Mark Thompson
- Choreographer Tara Gower
- Lighting Designer Mark Howett
- Sound Designer Michael Waters
- Featuring Marcus Corowa, Teresa Moore, Andrew Moran, Tuuli Narkle, Callan Purcell, Ngaire Pigram
- With Adi Cox, Damar Isherwood, Tehya Jamieson, Danielle Sibosado, Czack (Ses) Bero, Taj Jamieson, Bojesse Pigram, Tai Savage
Theatre Season Show Partner
Show Touring Partners