By Jupiter… they’re back! The Geelong Symphony Orchestra presents “MOZART” at Costa Hall.
In their first concert for the 2021 season Richard Davis will conduct the sublime music of Mozart featuring his longest and last symphony, the magnificent “Jupiter” Symphony.
The program will also feature the Flute concerto K.314 and the overture from the opera The Marriage of Figaro. In his too short life, Mozart penned an amazing amount of music – over 600 catalogued works including 23 operas!
Any musician will tell you that Mozart is perfection on every page and the skills of any orchestra are showcased by performing his music. He died at 35 – daunting to think what we may have been able to hear had he lived into old age. Please join the GSO for an afternoon of Mozart magic.
- Conductor Richard Davis
- Flute Joshua Batty
- Mozart Overture from The Marriage of Figaro
- - Flute concerto in D major K.314
- - Symphony No.41 in C major K.551
We have implemented a range of health, hygiene and physical distancing measures, in line with government guidelines. These measures include:
- Mandatory mask wearing unless eating or drinking
- Hand sanitiser is available at hygiene stations in foyers and outside lifts and stairs
- Capacity signage throughout venue and studios to promote physical distancing
- Increased cleaning of all facilities.
- Disinfection of seating and touchpoints before each performance
- Increased cleaning of foyer spaces and handrails
- Increased cleaning of bathrooms
- Sneeze guards at point of sale
- Foyer seating arranged to ensure 1.5m distancing
- Decreased capacities in theatres and foyers.
- Staggered audience entry and exit in venues
- Physical distancing markers at queuing areas such as Food and Beverage outlets and Box Office
- Staff monitoring traffic flow and distancing