Hop on board our spaceship and get ready for blast off!
Calling all budding astronauts! Become a pilot, engineer or navigator as we whoosh across the galaxy for an interstellar adventure for the whole family.
Join our crew to explore outer space, taste space food, experience hyperspace and travel all the way to the mysterious Planet X. We’ll have to work as a team to repair the ship and return to Earth.
Whoosh! is an immersive and multi-sensory performance that puts children at the centre of the action. Kids board a stunning custom-built spaceship to copilot an intergalactic adventure.
Created by pioneering theatre makers Sensorium Theatre, this highly-tailored production is suitable for children with a broad range of access needs aged 5yrs+, including those with multiple and complex needs and those on the autism spectrum.
Warnings: There are potentially exciting sound and light changes in Whoosh! that are announced as part of the show. Children can prepare for these with our digital app.
- "Blast Off": light fog haze (non allergenic)
- "Emergency Landing" (slow moving red lights and siren).
- Planet X - UV Light and low fog haze.
Children can sample "space food" - a list of ingredients can be provided.
Essential oils are diffused in the environment. These can be modified to accommodate allergies.
How can I prepare children for this experience?
The best way to prepare your child for the experience is by downloading Sensorium Theatre’s FREE digital app on Google Play (for Android devices) or on the App Store (for iPads and iPhones). Through the digital app you can access the social story, watch videos, play games, meet the characters and listen to the music clips.
- Artistic Directors Michelle Hovane & Francis Italiano
- Assistant Director Bec Bradley
- Performers Jamie David, Michelle Hovane, Francis Italiano, Bec Bradley, Daisy Sanders and Kylie Bywaters
- Composer/Sound Designer Jamie David
- Digital & Technology Designer Steve Berrick
- Set Designer Matthew McVeigh
- Dramaturg James Berlyn
- Costume Designer Cherie Hewson
- Produced by Performing Lines WA
Proudly Supported By
Major Artistic Partner
And Valued Program Partner
Show Touring Partners
Whoosh! is produced and toured by Performing Lines WA and supported by: the Australian Government through the Australia Council for the Arts, its arts funding and advisory body; and the WA Government through the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and Lotterywest. This production was made possible with the generous support of the Major Festivals Initiative through Perth Festival and the Cassandra Gantner Foundation.
We have implemented a range of health, hygiene and physical distancing measures, in line with government guidelines. These measures include:
- The wearing of face masks is mandatory across all Geelong Arts Centre venues
- Hand sanitiser is available at hygiene stations in foyers and outside lifts and stairs
- Capacity signage throughout venue and studios to promote physical distancing
- Increased cleaning of all facilities
- Disinfection of seating and touchpoints before each performance
- Increased cleaning of foyer spaces and handrails
- Increased cleaning of bathrooms
- Sneeze guards at point of sale
- Foyer seating arranged to ensure 1.5m distancing
- Decreased capacities in theatres and foyers
- Staggered audience entry and exit in venues
- Physical distancing markers at queuing areas such as Food and Beverage outlets and Box Office
- Staff monitoring traffic flow and distancing