The musical gala with an international cast brings London’s West End and New York’s Broadway return to Australia with a brand-new show.
The World of Musicals brings the very best of musical theatre to life.
This incredible production with the wonderful revue of all your favorite musical theatre hits will include such classics as The Lion King, Fiddler on the Roof, Mamma Mia, We Will Rock You, The Mikado, The Pirates of Penzance, HMS Pinafore, The Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, Cats, Evita, Wicked, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Jesus Christ Superstar, The Greatest Showman, Jersey Boys, Oklahoma, South Pacific, Miss Saigon, The Boy from Oz, Hairspray, Les Misérables, The Blues Brothers.
The World of Musicals is colorful, with inspiring and memorable musical classics all performed by an international star-studded cast, presenting the audience with nightly entertainment at the highest level.
Whether a soloist, duet, or the entire ensemble, the performers of this musical event will inspire in this musical whirlwind. Direct from their USA tour, this select cast of highly talented and accomplished performers have featured in worldwide smash hits such as Jesus Christ Superstar, Hairspray, West Side Story, Titanic, Les Miserables, Wizard of OZ, Musical Star Nights, Mary Poppins, Me and my girl, Evita, the king of Narnia, Rent, Avenue “Q”.
"All the hits in one show" is the motto of this musical gala. Full of highlights, the emotional and varied journey into the World of Musicals will delight the audience.
This is a show for the entire family, so get ready to be enthralled and sing along to all your favorite and much-loved musicals in one unforgettable evening.
The World of Musicals is simply not to be missed.
We have implemented a range of health, hygiene and physical distancing measures, in line with government guidelines. These measures include:
- The wearing of face masks is recommended across all Geelong Arts Centre venues, especially where physically distancing is not possible
- Hand sanitiser is available at hygiene stations in foyers and outside lifts and stairs
- Capacity signage throughout venue and studios to promote physical distancing
- Increased cleaning of all facilities
- Disinfection of seating and touchpoints before each performance
- Increased cleaning of foyer spaces and handrails
- Increased cleaning of bathrooms
- Sneeze guards at point of sale
- Foyer seating arranged to ensure 1.5m distancing
- Decreased capacities in theatres and foyers
- Staggered audience entry and exit in venues
- Physical distancing markers at queuing areas such as Food and Beverage outlets and Box Office
- Staff monitoring traffic flow and distancing