We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff as they return to our reopened Ryrie Street building and to Costa Hall, Deakin University.
We have implemented a range of health, hygiene and physical distancing measures, in line with government guidelines. These measures include
- The wearing of face masks is recommended across all Geelong Arts Centre venues, especially where physically distancing is not possible
- Hand sanitiser is available at hygiene stations in foyers and outside lifts and stairs
- Capacity signage throughout venue and studios to promote physical distancing
- Increased cleaning of all facilities.
- Disinfection of seating and touchpoints before each performance
- Increased cleaning of foyer spaces and handrails
- Increased cleaning of bathrooms
- Sneeze guards at point of sale
- Foyer seating arranged to ensure 1.5m distancing
- Decreased capacities in theatres and foyers.
- Staggered audience entry and exit in venues
- Physical distancing markers at queuing areas such as Food and Beverage outlets and Box Office
- Staff monitoring traffic flow and distancing
We also encourage all visitors to use the Australian Government’s COVID Safe app.