Protected Disclosure Guidelines
Download Geelong Arts Centre's Protected Disclosure Guidelines below.
Ticketing code of practice
The Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (Code) operates as a best practice guide for the Australian live performance industry. It applies to the purchase and use of Tickets and related matters.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket.
By purchasing a ticket from The Geelong Arts Centre, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders and relate to both the sale of tickets and attendance at events.
Please check the date and time on your ticket at time of purchase.
- We operate under the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (Code of Practice).
- Tickets are sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting the event and is subject to the conditions applicable to that event and/or the venue where held. Any reference to “we" or "our” in these Conditions also refers to the organisation responsible for presenting the event.
- Tickets may not be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase except in accordance with the Code of Practice or our Terms and Conditions of Purchase.
- The right is reserved to vary advertised programmes and to add, withdraw or substitute artists as necessary.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission in accordance with the Code of Practice.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at our discretion at a convenient break in the programme.
- We reserve the right to relocate seats if deemed necessary.
- Unauthorised duplication of this ticket may prevent your admittance to the event. In the event that duplicate copies appear, we reserve the right to refuse entry to ALL ticket holders.
- It is a requirement for entry that patrons and visitors must disclose any COVID-19 symptoms or risk of exposure and agree not to attend the venue if showing symptoms or had contact with a confirmed case.
- The Geelong Arts Centre’s Exchange and Refund Policy has been temporarily varied to encourage anyone showing symptoms or who has had possible contact with a COVID-19 case to cancel their attendance for the safety of all other patrons and staff.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where there is reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at the discretion of the management or a convenient break in the programme.
- You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones)
- Ticket holders enter the venue at their own risk.
- Management reserves the right to relocate seats if deemed necessary.
- You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
VARIATIONS TO PERFORMANCES OR EVENTS:
- The right is reserved to withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
SCALPING WARNING: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) TICKET EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
The Geelong Arts Centre’s Exchange and Refund Policy has been temporarily varied to encourage anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or who has had possible contact with a COVID-19 case to cancel their attendance for the safety of all other patrons and staff.
When are you entitled to a refund or exchange?
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms on the day of the event or have been directed by public health authorities to quarantine or self-isolate. Please call the Box Office on 1300 251200 before the performance starts.
- If you have been refused entry to the venue on the day of the event because you have a temperature or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Refunds or exchanges will be available up until the commencement of the event.
- Absolutely no refunds or exchanges will be available after the event has started.
- A full refund or exchange will be offered for any tickets to cancelled or rescheduled events.
When are you NOT entitled to a refund or exchange?
- If you fail to follow the authorised COVID-19 safe protocols and direction of Venue staff at the event.
- After the event has started.
These changes to our Exchange & Refund Policy will remain in place until 30 June 2021. The policy will be reviewed at this time and may be either extended for an additional period or may revert to our previous policy of no refunds/no exchanges unless recommended by the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Please check back for the conditions that apply to your event closer to the time
Child Safety policy
Geelong Arts Centre is committed to the Victorian Government child safe standards. Download a copy of our Child Safety policy below.