Geelong is a fast-growing and dynamic regional city nestled beside the Bellarine Peninsula and overlooking Port Phillip Bay. Less than an hour’s drive from Melbourne and regional centres such as Ballarat and Colac, Geelong is a popular day trip destination and weekend getaway.
How can I get there?
Here are just a few of the ways to get to Geelong:
By car: The M1, A300 and A1 highways all lead to Geelong.
By train: VLine trains depart Southern Cross Station for Geelong roughly every 30 minutes at peak times.
By bus: Buses to Geelong depart North Melbourne Railway Station/Spencer St in West Melbourne roughly every hour at peak times. You can also travel in and around Geelong by bus.
By ferry: There are 2 options
From Docklands, Melbourne to Geelong CBD - Port Phillip Ferries
From Sorrento to Queenscliffe - Searoad Ferries
For further information, look at these resources
is via the Ryrie Street entry
Where can I park?
Visit app.centralgeelong.com.au to download the free Central Geelong app for information on Central Geelong businesses, parking and transport, events, activities and special offers.
The Civic Centre Car Park
Located opposite City Hall in Gheringhap Street
Parking available Monday to Thursday from 7:30am - 6:00pm
Friday and Saturday 7:30am - midnight
Free parking offered after 6pm
Haymarket Car Park
Located on Myers Street - all day metered bays
Additional parking resources
You’ve got your tickets, why not grab a pre-show drink?
Relax with a drink at the bar, where we have a broad selection of wine, champagne, beer and spirits. Open 60 minutes prior to all shows.
Geelong Arts Centre is a cashless venue, our Box Office and Bar accept VISA and Mastercard.
Conferences, seminars, parties + private functions
All of our venues including studios, meeting spaces and public foyers are available for hire. We can tailor a package that suits your needs.
Make an online enquiry Venue Hire or get in touch with us.
Presenter Services Department
P: 1300 251 200
How To Book
Phone: 1300 251 200
In Person: 81 Ryrie St, Geelong
To make a booking over the phone, please have your credit card ready (charges apply).
Box Office Opening Hours
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
*Box Office will also be open one hour before scheduled shows at the event venue. Please review the show listing to confirm the location of your event
Concession prices are available on most of our shows. If you are a senior, pensioner, full-time student or unemployed, please ask the Box Office about a concession price when booking your tickets.
Please note that all prices are inclusive of GST where applicable.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) TICKET EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
The Geelong Arts Centre’s Exchange and Refund Policy has been temporarily varied to cover anyone who has COVID-19 or who is a close contact of a COVID-19 case to receive a refund for their tickets for the safety of all other patrons and staff.
When are you entitled to a refund or exchange?
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms on the day of the event or have been directed by public health authorities to quarantine or self-isolate. Please call the Box Office on 1300 251 200 before the performance starts.
- If you have been refused entry to the venue on the day of the event because you have a temperature or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Refunds or exchanges will be available up until the commencement of the event.
- Absolutely no refunds or exchanges will be available after the event has started.
- A full refund or exchange will be offered for any tickets to cancelled or rescheduled events.
When are you NOT entitled to a refund or exchange?
- If you fail to follow the authorised COVID-19 safe protocols and direction of Venue staff at the event.
- After the event has started.
These changes to our Exchange & Refund Policy will remain in place until 30 September 2022. The policy will be reviewed at this time and may be either extended for an additional period or may revert to our previous policy of no refunds/no exchanges unless recommended by the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Please check back for the conditions that apply to your event closer to the time
Please call the Box Office on 1300 251 200 during office hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org before the performance starts to notify us if you cannot attend at performance, and our friendly Box Office staff will be in touch with you.
We believe that the arts are for everyone, that’s why we offer a wonderful program of events for kids, our Creative Learning education programs, family-friendly eating options and convenient facilities like pram parking and a parent’s room with baby changing facilities.
To see what’s on for families, visit our What's on page.
Have a question about your visit? Visit our FAQs
Geelong Arts Centre features courtesy wheelchair accessible parking, entrances, seating & toilets. Wheelchair access is available in all our theatres.
Please note: Geelong Arts Centre staff are unable to assist with transferring or pushing wheelchair bound customers.
|Access Services||Costa Hall - Deakin University||Drama Theatre||The Playhouse||Studio One||Studio Two||Studio Three||Studio Four||Foyer G||Foyer 1||Creative Engine|
|Hearing Assistance||Audio Induction loop covering specific seats - Stalls Rows F - J||Audio Induction loop available covering seats in Rows B & C. Also portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 200||Audio Induction loop available covering seats in Stalls Rows F - K. Also portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 200||Portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 200||Portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 201||Portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 202||Portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 203||Portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 204||Portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 205||Portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 206|
|Assistance Animals Permitted||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Companion Card Program||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
See general parking information in the 'Where can I park?' section above or view the Geelong CBD accessibility map for more information on nearby parking and accessible amenity options.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket.
By purchasing a ticket from The Geelong Arts Centre, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticket holders and relate to both the sale of tickets and attendance at events.
Please check the date and time on your ticket at time of purchase.
CONDITIONS OF SALE:
- This ticket is sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting this event and is subject to the conditions applicable to that event and/or the venue where held.
- Tickets may not be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase except in accordance with the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where there is reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at the discretion of the management or a convenient break in the programme.
- You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones)
- Ticket holders enter the venue at their own risk.
- Management reserves the right to relocate seats if deemed necessary.
- You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
- All persons under the age of 18 attending Costa Hall must be accompanied by a responsible adult
VARIATIONS TO PERFORMANCES OR EVENTS:
- The right is reserved to withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
Visiting from out of town? Whether you’re staying for a week or just a weekend, there’s always something special to experience in Geelong and the surrounding G21 region.
Spend a morning exploring Geelong’s public art, take a walk down by the waterfront, or taste your way through our laneway bars and restaurants. Here are a few itinerary-starters for you in our cultural precinct:
For more information regarding tourism attractions, go to visitgeelongbellarine.com.au
Our partners also showcase a wide range of activities and local attractions on their websites:
Seasonal activities, events and festivals:
- Geelong Arts Centre presents: Geelong Music & Movement Festival
- Geelong Arts Centre presents: Poppykettle Children's Festival
- Geelong After Dark
- Geelong White Night
- Festival of Sails
We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff as they return to our Ryrie Street building and to events at Costa Hall.