Geelong is a fast-growing and dynamic regional city nestled beside the Bellarine Peninsula and overlooking Port Phillip Bay. Less than an hour’s drive from Melbourne and regional centres such as Ballarat and Colac, Geelong is a popular day trip destination and weekend getaway.
How can I get there?
Here are just a few of the ways to get to Geelong:
By car: The M1, A300 and A1 highways all lead to Geelong.
By train: VLine trains depart Southern Cross Station for Geelong roughly every 30 minutes at peak times.
By bus: Buses to Geelong depart North Melbourne Railway Station/Spencer St in West Melbourne roughly every hour at peak times. You can also travel in and around Geelong by bus.
For further information, look at these resources
While all our theatres, box office and café remain open during the Ryrie Street Redevelopment, venue access, parking and amenities have changed.
Please add a few extra minutes to your journey and allow for the following:
- All access is via the Little Malop Street entry
- Access via the Ryrie Street entry is temporarily closed
- Police Lane, in between the Courthouse and the arts centre is temporarily closed
- Aitchison Place in between Barwon Health and the arts centre is permit parking only
Where can I park?
Visit app.centralgeelong.com.au to download the free Central Geelong app for information on Central Geelong businesses, parking and transport, events, activities and special offers.
The Civic Centre Car Park
Located opposite City Hall in Gheringhap Street
Parking available Monday to Thursday from 7:30am - 6:00pm
Friday and Saturday 7:30am - midnight
Free parking offered after 6pm
Haymarket Car Park
Located on Myers Street - all day metered bays
Additional parking resources
You’ve got your tickets, why not grab a pre-show drink?
Enjoy some delicious, grab-and-go treats at our newly styled café. Open 60 minutes prior to all shows.
Relax with a drink at the bar, where we have a broad selection of wine, champagne, beer and spirits. Freshly brewed tea and coffee is also available, so there’s something for every taste. Open 60 minutes prior to all shows.
Did you know that you can pre-order your interval drinks? Just ask our friendly bar staff for an order slip when you arrive.
Conferences, seminars, parties + private functions
All of our venues including studios, meeting spaces and public foyers are available for hire.
We can tailor a package that suits your needs. Contact catering services via firstname.lastname@example.org
Flash your ticket and enjoy a FREE drink in central Geelong.
Present your Geelong Arts Centre ticket on the day of the show at participating restaurants and enjoy a complimentary house wine, soft drink or coffee with any main meal purchased.*
For a full list of participating restaurants, visit the Central Geelong website
Some of our local favourites include:
- Carrugi (Simple rustic fare with specialties from Northern Italy – 66 Little Malop St)
- Mav’s (Geelong’s only authentic Greek restaurant – 73B Little Malop St)
- Sober Ramen (Offering ramen, dumplings, sake and natural wine – 85 Little Malop St)
- The Hot Chicken Project (cold beer, warm service and hot chicken – 84A Little Malop St)
- Alma (South American cuisine and an intimate atmosphere – 93-95 Ryrie St)
We believe that the arts are for everyone, that’s why we offer a wonderful program of events for kids, our Creative Learning education programs, family-friendly eating options and convenient facilities like pram parking and a parent’s room with baby changing facilities.
To see what’s on for families, visit our Family Magic page.
Have a question about your visit? Visit our FAQs
Geelong Arts Centre features courtesy wheelchair accessible parking, entrances, seating & toilets. Wheelchair access is available in all our theatres.
Please note: Geelong Arts Centre staff are unable to assist with transferring or pushing wheelchair bound customers.
|Access Services||Costa Hall - Deakin University||Drama Theatre||The Playhouse|
|Hearing Assistance||Audio Induction loop covering specific seats - Stalls Rows F - J||Audio Induction loop available covering seats in Rows B & C. Also portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 200||Audio Induction loop available covering seats in Stalls Rows F - K. Also portable induction loops are available for customers to use. Please book these with the Box Office on 1300 251 200|
|Assistance Animals Permitted||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Companion Card Program||Yes||Yes||Yes|
See general parking information in the 'Where can I park?' section above or view the Geelong CBD accessibility map for more information on nearby parking and accessible amenity options.
How To Book
During box office opening hours:
Phone: 1300 251 200
In Person: 50 Little Malop Street Geelong
To make a booking over the phone, please have your credit card ready (charges apply).
Box Office Opening Hours
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Other times: One hour prior to each show
Concession prices are available on most of our shows. If you are a senior, pensioner, full-time student or unemployed, please ask the Box Office about a concession price when booking your tickets.
Please note that all prices are inclusive of GST where applicable.
Metered street parking is available around Geelong Arts Centre.
Tickets may not be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase except in accordance with the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice. Subscribers to our Theatre Season may exchange their tickets to another performance of the same play by returning their tickets to the Box Office at least 24 hours prior to the performance stated on their tickets (subject to availability). The full Ticketing Code of Practice is available under the About tab on the Geelong Arts Centre website.
Ticketek & Ticketmaster
.Geelong Arts Centre is no longer a Ticketek or Ticketmaster outlet, if you are looking to purchase tickets for events sold by Ticketmaster you can do so via visiting their website.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket.
By purchasing a ticket from The Geelong Arts Centre, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticket holders and relate to both the sale of tickets and attendance at events.
Please check the date and time on your ticket at time of purchase.
CONDITIONS OF SALE:
- This ticket is sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting this event and is subject to the conditions applicable to that event and/or the venue where held.
- Tickets may not be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase except in accordance with theLPA Ticketing Code of Practice.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where there is reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at the discretion of the management or a convenient break in the programme.
- You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones)
- Ticket holders enter the venue at their own risk.
- Management reserves the right to relocate seats if deemed necessary.
- You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
VARIATIONS TO PERFORMANCES OR EVENTS:
- The right is reserved to withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
There’s so much to do in Geelong
Visiting from out of town? Whether you’re staying for a week or just a weekend, there’s always something special to experience in Geelong.
Spend a morning exploring Geelong’s public art, take a walk down by the waterfront, or taste your way through our laneway bars and restaurants. Here are a few itinerary-starters for you:
- Go shopping at Geelong Vintage Market
- Visit the Narana Aboriginal Cultural Centre
- Unwind at MUD Day Spa
- Take the kids to the Geelong Carousel
For more information, go to visitgeelongbellarine.com.au
Seasonal activities, events and festivals:
- Geelong Arts Centre presents: Geelong Music & Movement Festival
- Geelong Arts Centre presents: Poppykettle Children's Festival
- Geelong Arts Centre presents: Melbourne Film Festival
- Geelong After Dark
- Geelong White Night
- Mountain to Mouth Festival