50 LITTLE MALOP STREET
GEELONG, VICTORIA 3220
A multi-format 550 seat theatre expanding to 850 in ‘flat floor gig mode’ mode.
This innovative and flexible space can be used for a range of performances and considers digital trends in theatre production and live experiences, including scenic projection, rigging and audio. Seating up to 550 patrons depending on mode and arrangement, or 850 in ‘flat floor gig mode’, the space offers a range of formats, including: Traditional end on theatre, boasting balcony and circle levels, Thrust, Traverse and In The Round.
With contemporary, varied and versatile seating layouts, that are also removable to reflect the space’s range of uses, the The Story House maintains intimacy by removing the typical separation constraints of an auditorium and stage house found in a proscenium house, allowing the artistic content to rule.
Specialist stage-lighting, rigging, staging and audio-visual systems infrastructure are provided to quickly transform and bring to life, the theatre in its various formats and to allow the space to transform and present in many unique and engaging stage / audience formats.
The Story House allows audiences to immerse themselves in new worlds, experience a sense of occasion and ensure the creation of exceptional and extraordinary experiences.
• Theatre, dance, concerts, musicals, dinners, conferences
• Opera and musical theatre performances
• Contemporary dance, physical theatre, and circus performances
• Bands and contemporary artists
• Banquets and dinners
• Speech nights, lectures and graduations
• Civic functions
• A multi-format 550 seat theatre expanding to 850 in ‘flat foor gig mode’ mode
• Flexible space with versatile configurations
• Fully automated fly system
• Numerous rigging options with rolling beams