Technicians – Casual
The only State Government owned cultural institution located outside of Melbourne, Geelong Arts Centre is a leader, connector, and creator of extraordinary cultural experiences for local and global communities.
Geelong Arts Centre is the heart of the G21 creative precinct – a place that boldly offers insights through performance, space for public conversation, supports creative experimentation and content development, and is a venue to connect, meet as a community and share a passion for the arts and creativity.
Driven by inspiring growth in activity, innovation and creatives, Geelong Arts Centre aims to amplify creative growth in a proud region already renowned for its artistic energy.
About the role
Geelong Arts Centre is always looking for applicants who are passionate about the arts.
Be an active part of the Technical Operations team, including attending team meetings and training, as well as:
- Perform the duties of a theatre technician in any venue under the Centre’s management across a range of disciplines – sound, AV, lighting and staging.
- Multi-tasking across all technical work areas
- To liaise with and take direction from Front of House Manager to ensure the safe & successful operation of any performance.
- Carry out building and equipment maintenance, including liaising with external contractors and casual staff.
- Conduct inventory checks of equipment and consumable stock, as directed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and skills in areas of audio, lighting and/or staging – either in the performing arts industry or equivalent transferable skills from another industry
- Experience in the performing arts industry
- Theatre technical or similar qualifications
- Experience in a customer service environment
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this opportunity please click the Apply button and provide a cover letter including your ability to meet the key requirements outlined in the position description, and a current CV. Please direct any queries to: email@example.com
Geelong Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and values the contribution that diversity brings to the workplace.
Geelong Arts Centre is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of all children that interact with our organisation. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
Geelong Arts Centre encourages and welcomes applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders People.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia